Usually, expectant mothers get different types of advices from their parents, friends, relatives, neighbors including strangers that they may come across at any place. These are definitely words of wisdom and it becomes important to know which one needs to be heeded and which to ignore. There are plenty of pregnancy related suggestions and tips to be derived from the online blogs and websites, pregnancy magazines, handbooks and from health experts. These suggestions and tips are meant for the pregnant women and the developing babies in their womb. Heeding to the right ones will ensure having safe pregnancy and delivering healthy baby without facing unnecessary and painful complications.
Tips for first time mothers
It is quite obvious for the first time to-be mothers to get bombarded with lots of suggestions and tips from everyone known. They are likely to get confused with what is fact and needs to done and what is myth and should be avoided. It is necessary to ensure that unwanted steps should not be taken that will otherwise only put the baby’s life at risk. Choosing the best early pregnancy discussion forums, where suggestions are provided recent mothers and health experts can prove to be of much use.
Some useful tips on exercises to follow
- Performing easy exercises as prescribed by the health expert during the different stages of pregnancy can be really soothing and also prevent those common pains and aches that are experienced during this time. Regular exercise also strengthens the muscles for postpartum and labor. It also develops lean muscles in the woman’s body, thus helping her to get back into her original shape quickly after delivery of the baby. Some gentle exercises like Pilates, yoga, walking, light swimming can really help to remain active and fit.
- Few conditions or symptoms may be faced during pregnancy stage, where exercise is not suggested. Discussing with the doctor will help to know when to start and stop doing exercises. Also, the woman can get to know what type of exercises she can perform, keeping in mind her particular health condition and the duration. This will ensure the mother and the unborn child are both safe, fit and happy.
- Few cases, where exercises are to be avoided completely during pregnancy are preterm labor, vaginal bleeding, pregnancy induced hypertension, preterm pre-mature membrane rupture, etc. Few other medical conditions that are present for a long time may include high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease and thyroid abnormalities, etc., where exercises are not suggested in pregnancy.
- Exercising during this stage of life will ensure putting in less weight and also enjoy improvements in general mood as well as sleeping patterns.
- The woman’s body also undergoes musculoskeletal and physiological changes during this stage and may result in different types of effects like weight gain, lower back pain, gravity, pressure on the joints, loose body joint, tilted pelvis, neck and shoulder misalignment, etc.
Taking advice from the best pregnancy forums, the pregnant woman can avoid injuring herself as well as her baby.