With the indoor plumbing becoming more commonplace throughout the urban cities across the world, we have started taking it for granted. We do not put into much thought regarding the history, complexity or necessity of indoor plumbing unless we have to go through a plumbing crisis ourselves. At which point we realize that a lack of proper indoor plumbing system has the potential to make a place inhospitable. Brisbane Plumber is a team of certified plumbers who help you deal with such situations and mitigate any damages and consequences of faulty plumbing.
Archaeologists have found evidence of plumbing during the Harappan Civilization in India nearly 5,000 years ago. After which, various other civilizations and cultures have added to the complexity of plumbing, so much so, that now large cities can efficiently use it for transportation of water as well as sewage.
Benefits of Regular Maintenance of Indoor Plumbing
Plumbing is one of the most neglected parts of a house. However, experts such as the team of Brisbane Plumber recommends that regular maintenance of plumbing should be carried out once in every 2 years. Here are some benefits of regular checking and maintenance of indoor plumbing:
- Hidden Leaks: With regular wear and tear of the pipes, minor leaks can develop over time which can pose a greater threat if they are left untreated. The plumbers can detect these leaks during the regular maintenance in order to repair them or replace the pipes to protect them against further damage.
- Lead: Consumption of lead is proven to be extremely dangerous. However, before the dangers of lead were known, pipelines used to contain lead in them. This is why several houses which were built before the ban, still have lead pipelines. In this case, the pipelines and the lead content in the drinking water should be regularly checked to ensure that it is safe to drink.
- Mold: These are tiny fungi which occur in hidden and moist conditions, such as that created by leaking water. They can cause several respiratory and other health problems in varying severity for the people living in the house. Regular maintenance of the indoor plumbing system also helps to detect these and take necessary measures to remove them.
- Back-up Water: Plumbing is responsible for transporting clean water to the house as well as removing the used water from the house. It should be regularly checked that these pipelines are at the specified distance from each other to ensure that no cross-contamination can take place and the water which you get is safe for consumption.
- Water Heater: Lastly, water heaters start to become corroded and prone to leaks after a certain lifespan. Their efficiency diminishes, and they cannot produce sufficient hot water. In such cases, the plumbers can check these heaters to see if they can be salvaged and how long it may continue to work as well as replace them if need be.
There are more benefits of regular maintenance of the indoor plumbing system, including the repair of other minor damages as well. It should be noted that all these repairs and fixes should be done by a certified and trained plumber, such as the team members of Brisbane Plumber. It is necessary as you or any other inexperienced person may worsen the situation and cause additional damages.
Excavator Bucket is a team of trained and certified plumbers based in Brisbane City who also provide their services in the nearby suburbs. They are one of the leading plumbing services in Brisbane. They are well versed in all the plumbing rules and regulations enforced in Brisbane and act in compliance with them. You can visit their website, email them and call them at any time to talk to an expert and get a free quote.