If your iPhone is locked to a particular carrier, it can be truly frustrating. Some iPhones are easier to unlock than others, depending on the carrier and the phone’s circumstances. Most iPhones purchased within the past few years will actually be unlocked already, but if your iPhone is older, your mobile phone provider may be able to unlock the phone for free, or you might find that you’re able to unlock your iPhone yourself.
Unlocking your iPhone is completely legal if you purchased the device unsubsidised or have finished paying for your contract and have received your unlock codes for iphone 6. However, if you’re still paying for your contract, you technically don’t own the iPhone yet, so you really should check with your carrier before unlocking it.
The difference between a locked iPhone and an officially unlocked one relies on the addition of the device’s IMEI number to a database of officially unlocked iPhones. The IMEI is like a fingerprint, completely unique to your device. When officially unlocked, your IMEI is officially recognized in Apple’s database as unlocked. There are now a few providers that have the ability to get iPhones permanently unlocked for a small fee.
To our knowledge, this is currently the best way to permanently unlock an iPhone, especially since there is no software unlocks available for the latest iOS versions.
The main benefits of a permanent IMEI unlock are:
- it’s simple, and official (registered as officially unlocked in Apple’s database)
- it works with any iPhone, even on-contract
- it’s 100% guaranteed to unlock your iPhone
- it works even if you are still under contract
- the iPhone can’t be locked again, even if you update your device in iTunes
- it does not void your iPhone warranty
- no jailbreak or hacking required
Now how to unlock an iphone 6. Just follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit Site and Choose Phone Brand
- Visit the official dr.fone Sim unlocking website and select your phone brand from the long list of brands supported by the unlocking service. You will be in a position to see the screenshot below.
- Step 2: Select Phone Model and Network Carrier
- A new web page will open up. From this new web page, scroll down the page and enter your phone model, country of origin and your network provider. Once you are done, the amount of money to be charged for the services will be displayed on your right-hand side.
- Step 3: Enter IMEI Number and Contact Details
- Scroll down the page and enter your iPhone 6 IMEI number as well as your email address. Check the box next to the “T&Cs” and click on the “Add to Cart” option.
- Step 4: Pay and Wait
- Once you have made your payment, the code to unlock your iPhone 6 will be generated within a period of 1-2 business days. You will be notified via email once this code has been generated. When you get this email, switch Sim cards and enter a new one from a different carrier. When prompted to enter a code, enter the one that was sent to you. As simple as it is, that’s how you can unlock iPhone 6 using its IMEI number.