If you are new to Mumbai, and on a trip, then you should definitely check out the different interesting activities in Bandra. This coastal suburb is also known as Vandre and located in Maharashtra on Salsette Island, to the northern side of Mithi River that separates this city from Mumbai. It is regarded to be the 3rd biggest commercial hub of the state, just after Mumbai & Pune, aided primarily by Bandra-Kurla Complex. Many well-known personalities and celebrities have made this place their home. During the trip, you can engage in shopping, night life, classy eateries, fashion, and much more.
Things to do in Bandra
- Night life: This place is popular for offering vibrant and lively night life options such as restaurants, bars and lounges providing international cuisines till late night. You can get to enjoy drinking and order food of your choice. It is definitely the place to celebrate life and live your dreams to the fullest.
- Mehboob Studio: When Mehboob Khan had started in 1954 this recording studio known ‘Mehboob Studio’, it was Bombay’s Bandra. He was a veteran, successful movie director. It became the first recording studio of Bandra in 1970. Bollywood Celebrities (Filmi Hasti) once had preferred residing at this location.
- Bandstand: This is a stunning 1.2 km long promenade that is well-maintained and safe. It is also a popular walk and jogging location for locals and tourists alike. You can get a feel of the positive energy of this place. It is known for its rocky shore and wide open sea, Worli sea-link view and the upcoming Bandra-Versova seal link. Just opposite are located few of the best new and old apartments and bungalows of popular Bollywood celebrities and personalities like Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan. Several Bollywood movies have been shot here like Salman’s Wanted, Jackie’s Angaar, Aamir’s Rangeela, Anari of the Legendary Raj Kapoor and much more. It also one had hosted Walk of Star’s main attraction of UTV.
- Father Agnel Ashram & Mt. Mary: One of the popular Churches in this region is the Mount Mary Church, where annual festival and fair is held about 100-150m on a hilly slope from Bandstand. Fr. Agnel Ashram is located close to Hotel Taj. Presently, it witnesses low footfall, which during the 80’s & 90’s used to witness devotees thronging in thousands.
- Bandra Lovers Point: You can come across couples in love with each other along the 1.2 km long stretch at Bandstands. You can find the sitting on the rocks or at any public seating area. The promenade end is well known for Fort Aguade and Hotel Taj. A particular section of this age old fort is considered to be haven for couples. It is a well maintained place offering seating arrangements, green shades and completely safe. Couples can spend some quality romantic time together without getting disturbed. You can visit the old fort and enjoy it.
- Carter Road & Jogger’s Park: It is a well maintained and beautiful park, boasting of having an exclusive jogging and walking track. Joggers using this park can enjoy the cool breeze that comes in from the wide open sea located close to the park. This place also boasts of having small fish pond and few caged birds, which adds liveliness to this park. Close to the Joggers Park is located Carter Road, which is regarded to be another popular rocky sea facing one similar to Bandstand.
- Hill Road: Located in Bandra West, it is a real hotspot for tourists and locals alike and lead to Bandstand. This place is indeed a haven for those who love street shopping. You can find here different types of fashion apparels & accessories, handbags and much more. Women shoppers of all ages are sure to love this place as there are varieties of items for them to shop and at affordable rates. You can find huge crowd on public holidays and Sundays. But the major challenge faced here is with car parking as most of the time, the place remains crowded with shoppers and leisure travelers alike. You can check out the famous malls like Reliance and Globus, located here.
- Reclamation: In Bandra West, it is considered to be the third beautiful and stunning promenade after makeover. Romantic couples and bikers just love this place as it is less crowded and boast of having wide roads. This place is also well connected with Bandra-Worli sea link, S.V. Road and National Highway and offers uninterrupted and mesmerizing view of Worli, Mahim causeway, the wide open sea and Sea link. It also is known for Mumbai’s very first floating hotel named ‘Ab Celestial’.
- Bandra Talao: It is considered to be among the oldest lakes of Mumbai and being given a makeover. There have been planned varieties of trees and palms on S.V. Road-side area located close to West Bandra Railways Station.
- Linking Road: If street shopping interests you, then linking road of Bandra cannot be ignored.
- Bandra Rly. Station Building Complex: This particular station structure already is on the heritage list and is expected to be given a makeover to make it a star attraction of the city.
- Bandra Kurla Complex: This complex is located at Bandra East and has been dedicated to numerous commercial offices. It boasts of having the best corporate, government offices such as the passport office, etc., financial institutes, stock exchanges, diamond bourse and others. it is also stated to be the very location where the initial failed cycling track was hosted in Mumbai.
There are plenty of avenues for tourists to get entertained thoroughly. If you are fascinated by Bollywood movies, then you can get to watch the latest movies at any of the ten cinema halls that can be found here.
If your passion is in travel photography, then you can visit Bandra Fort, close to the Taj, located near Bandstand as you can get a grand and stunning glimpse of Mumbai.
If you want to spend couple of days to check out Bandra, then you should definitely check out hotels near Bandra Kurla Complex.